About the Job
Job DescriptionJob #: 797261
Immediate Tier II Desk Support Specialists Needed!!!
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD OR Largo, MD (local travel required)
Apex Systems is seeking a Tier II Desktop Support Specialist for a direct hire opportunity onsite at either the clients Upper Marlboro, MD or Largo, MD location.
The Tier II Desktop Technician will provide direct desktop support, over the phone support and remote control/ diagnostic support to computers on standard Win 7, 8.X and 10 Desktop OS, applications and technologies (including MS Office 365, Adobe Reader, internal and external Web-based and client server applications) as well as hosted in-house, VPN connectivity, location and network printers, IP telephones and mobile devices for a State and Local Government customer.
*This position does require local travel via personal vehicle to multiple office locations.
If interested and qualified, please send resume to Amber Smigielski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Receives escalated support tickets from Tier 1 Analysts and resolves issues within SLA time frames.
- Creates and documents service ticket/updates existing records.
- Using advanced customer service and technical skills, analyzes & resolves customer computer service requests/problems on first contact according to Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines, maintaining SLA time frames and First Contact Resolution rates.
- Utilizes standard resolution processes and escalation procedures, accurately documenting and routing incidents to proper escalation groups such as Network Engineering, Systems Administration, and Security for resolution as appropriate.
- Maintains direct ownership of problem resolution.
- Accepts special assignments as required.
- May receive up to 10-12 taskings per day and must efficiently plan work and local travel to assure that all are completed on a timely basis.
- Position occasionally serves as onsite resource for Network Engineering resolutions and supports small-group office computer equipment moves.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience supporting Windows 7 and later desktops, laptops, printers, IP telephones, Cisco LAN and WAN environments, iOS and Windows mobile devices and tablets, and SCCM.
- Candidates must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange Online, enterprise network security practices, and Dell desktop and laptop hardware diagnostics/repairs
- Experience supporting the Federal or Local Government is preferred
Certifications and Qualifications:REQUIRED - CompTIA A+
STRONGLY PREFERRED - CCNA and MCP Security+ and (Windows Server 2012, SCCM, Exchange Online), CCNP, MCSE certifications
• Post ID: 40060742 southernmaryland